Saturday, December 03, 2005

Bear's Choice



From Uncle John's Blog:

Owsley (apparently) posted this to the ratdog.org website discussion board:

"Best thing they have done in years, in my opinion. I was never in favour of allowing the bootlegging of shows by audience members. The original idea for audience taping- about which I was not consulted - was to allow a certain group of audience members to record at shows with microphones. NO real soundboard tapes should have ever been let out, but then, only the ones that Healy gave connections out for, and of course those that Latvala, an unrepentant sneak-thief, gave away are real, many are fakes. I have NEVER allowed anyone to copy my sonic journal tapes, which were made and kept as a personal diary of my work.

The music belongs to the musicians who wrote and perfomed it. It is not public property and the continued survival of all of us who particpated in bringing it to the world should be respected by all who love it. Buy the albums we make from our archives and know that you are helping pay our rent and keep food on the table.

I have nothing but contempt for those who claim they were ‘robbed’ by the band’s decision on this."

EXTRA
Uncle John's Blog's Xian post about an appearance on CNN:
"CNN’s blog reporter, Jackie Schechner, has asked me tape a segment on this topic via webcam tonight. It should air tomorrow (Saturday) - I’ll post details when I have them. "

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Bear's quote "continued survival of all of us who particpated in bringing it to the world"
Uh........did we not tape and share, bringing the music to thousands of new listeners? A little perspective is in order here or am I over the line? Just really rubs me every which way but right.
Peace.................

Saturday, December 03, 2005  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

Bear's never been afraid to share his mind.

Saturday, December 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I trust by now you've heard Weir's remarks. It turned my stomach. Feel free to delete this if you like. I would take no offense.
More Peace..............
http://www.squeezeburger.com/bob.mp3
(posted on Gan's Playback)

Saturday, December 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Click here to join deadshows
Click to join deadshows