Friday, March 03, 2006

Graham Nash, Photographer


The Orlando Sentinal has an article on Graham Nash and his photography. Jerry is mentioned several times:

In his photography, Nash likes to "shoot from the hip,'' catching famous subjects such as Jerry Garcia and Bob Dylan in candid moments."I know when a camera is pointed at me, as I think most people do. I don't want people to know that I'm photographing them, so I try to be invisible.''

My big music question: I wanted to hear about the pedal steel guitar lick on Nash's "Teach Your Children,'' played by Jerry Garcia.Nash obliged, pointing out that it was the first time that Garcia had ever been recorded on the instrument:"He played that break and then he told me, 'That was almost good, but I'd like to do it again.' Nash told him he could try again, but "that was it.''In the end, the keeper was the first take.

Read the complete article here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a great picture of Graham Nash.

Saturday, March 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Click here to join deadshows
Click to join deadshows